Financial Regulator Reviews 2023
Financial regulators have issued several warnings to investors and consumers about the risks of dealing with unlicensed or fraudulent entities in the financial sector. These warnings aim to protect the public from losing money or personal information to scams, phishing, identity theft, or other malicious activities. Some of the common signs of a suspicious entity are:
– Offering unrealistic returns or guarantees
– Asking for upfront fees or payments
– Using high-pressure sales tactics or aggressive marketing
– Providing vague or misleading information about their identity, location, or credentials
– Requesting sensitive personal or financial data via email, phone, or text message
Financial regulators urge anyone who encounters such entities to report them immediately and to avoid any contact or transactions with them. They also advise checking the official websites of the regulators for the latest updates and alerts on licensed and unlicensed entities in the financial sector.